Registrar / Vital Statistics
The Office of Vital Statistics maintains the vital records of births, deaths, marriages and domestic partnerships that occur within the Township. This office urges those persons interested in pursuing any of these services to call the Registrar to verify current requirements and procedures.
- Certified copies of Marriages, Domestic Partnerships and Civil Unions
- Certified copies of Births
- Certified copies of Deaths
- Burial Permits
- Applications for and issuance of Marriage Licenses, Domestic Partnerships and Civil Unions
Certified copies of vital records may be obtained providing the following information is provided:
- Copies can only be obtained by the subject, subject's parent, legal guardian or legal representative, subject's child, grandchild or sibling - all if of legal age.
- The requestor for copies must show proof of their person by a photo ID and/ or two alternate forms of ID which could be vehicle registration card, voter registration card, passport, county ID card, school ID card, green card or utility bill.
- Payment of fee; $15.00 per copy
- Requests made through the mail must include copies of the required document(s), a self addressed stamp envelope and appropriate fee.
APPLICATION FOR MARRIAGE LICENSE/DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIPS
Applications for Marriage Licenses and Domestic Partnerships are received Monday - Friday, between 9:00am-4:00pm, and are taken by appointment only in the Clerk's office for Holmdel residents or those couples who live out of state and are getting married in Holmdel. Both applicants must bring the following information:
- Proof of residence
- Social Security card
- If either applicant had been married previously, copy of divorce degree or death certificate
- A witness, over the age of 18, who knows both applicants
- $28.00 fee payable at time of application; personal check or cash
- Applicants need to know and spell parents full names and places of birth
- Applicants need to know Officiant's name, title, mailing address and phone number