Construction & Building 



Applying for a Permit

Construction forms can be downloaded from the State of New Jersey Department of Community Affairs website.

Permit applications can not be faxed or e-mailed. The State of New Jersey requires original signatures. Please mail or hand-deliver all applications to: 

Community Development Department
4 Crawfords Corner Road
Holmdel, NJ 07733

Emergency Work

Emergency work, such as water heater and furnace replacement, can be performed after hours by emailing Technical Assistant Carolyn Eckart or at 732-946-2820 extension 1305. Please provide your name, address, and a contact number. You will be contacted when our office reopens.

Call Before You Dig

Call: 800-272-1000 before you dig, it’s the law.

Septic and Well Systems

All questions or information requests regarding septic systems or wells should be directed to the Monmouth County Health Department.

Location: 50 E Main Street in Freehold, NJ

Phone: (732) 431-7456

Minor Work and Ordinary Maintenance

Construction Permit Application Packet and Related Forms website

New Jersey Department of Community Affairs (NJDCA)

Visit the NJDCA website to locate and download any permits you may need.

Visit the following link to view the current laws and statutes of the State Board of Examiners of HVACR contractors.

Quick Links